Tuesday, February 14, 2023

goodbye scott.....



Today was a difficult day. I made the decision to block my cousin Scott on all social media and messaging platforms. It was a long time coming, but it still feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Scott has always been a toxic presence in my life. He's quick to anger, judgmental, and seems to enjoy putting others down. Despite this, I've always tried to maintain a relationship with him because we're family. But over time, I realized that his behavior was affecting my mental health and overall wellbeing.

I finally had enough when Scott made some hurtful comments about a recent accomplishment of mine. Instead of being happy for me, he belittled my achievement and made me feel like I wasn't good enough. I realized in that moment that I didn't need that kind of negativity in my life.

It wasn't an easy decision to block him. There's always that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I'm somehow betraying my family by cutting him off. But ultimately, I know that I need to prioritize my own mental health and happiness.

Tristan always tells me, if they don't want to me in my life - I'm better off... And he's right..

I also think that Scott is still abusing drugs and alcohol, but I have no proof. 

I'm hoping that this is a step in the right direction. I don't know what the future holds, but for now, I know that I need to surround myself with people who support and uplift me, not tear me down.


No comments:

Post a Comment